Friday 23 September 2011

Directory: Budget Travel Homestay in Kerala

I spent five weeks in Kerala. In connection with research for the website, I visited 17 homestays in total in Fort Kochi and Alleppey.

I talked and got to know the owners and their families, and many of them showed me their rooms.

This directory is aimed at helping travelers finding budget homestays in Kerala. Kerala is an expensive travel destination, so finding cheap sleep options might help your budget a little. I've added a short review, with contact information and some pictures.

I know that 'budget' can be interpreted in different ways. The homestays listed below are in the range of Rs 500-3000.

More and more travelers and tourists prefer homestays these days, because of the personal service which the host provides. And also because homestays are usually cheaper than guesthouses and hotels.

According to Department of Tourism in Kerala, there are at least two requirements for homestays: the family resides in the same building as the guests, and the homestay should not have more than 6 guest rooms.

Note that I haven't stayed at most of these homestays.

No comments:

Post a Comment