Thursday 29 September 2011

Are Video Video games Good? A Non-Gamer’s Perspective


The argument as as to if video video games are good or not is probably one of the hottest debates today. There are good, nicely-educated, properly-which means people on each side of the debate.

As a non-gamer, I’ve an attention-grabbing perspective bring to the dialogue – I am a non-gamer who views video video games favorably. Why? Enable me to explain.

In all probability the biggest grievance towards video games is that they encourage violence. Maybe they do. But I believe that they’re solely part of the picture. Taking part in a shooting recreation in your laptop doesn’t and can not by itself create a murderer. There are numerous other components involved. In my expertise, the players that I do know are certainly not violent.

I believe that playing violent video video games might improve violence provided that and when different elements are present. I feel the identical about violent motion pictures, which I usually do not mind. Take, for instance, Gladiator or The Patriot, each R rated for violence. After watching these films, I had an elevated hatred of un-needed violence. They did not make me violent. Instead, they re-enforced my perception that cruelty is flawed, and violence needs to be averted if possible.

One other argument in opposition to laptop and video video games is that they’re sedentary. Youngsters who play them typically find yourself overweight, lazy, and unskilled in other ares of life. Effectively, that may have some reality in it, but that may be mentioned about lot’s of issues – together with a desk job! I consider that the bottom line is steadiness and moderation. Just as working marathon every other day would be detrimental to your health, so is taking part in too many video games.

Earlier than I close, let me explain why I am a non-gamer – it is as a result of I’d somewhat go looking or fishing that play a game about searching, capturing, fishing, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment